- Abitrary orientation, thickness, and time period slice
viewing of a data set.
- Thick slabs can be generated by averaging (MPR), taking the
maximum (MIP), or the minimum (MIP).
- Multiple data sets can be loaded and viewed at once, with
either linked or fused views. Each data set can be viewed from
any orientation. Fusing can be done by blending or overlay.
- Nearest Neighbor and Trilinear interpolation functions
- The following colormaps are supported:
Black/White,White/Black,Red/Green/Blue Temperature, Hot
Metal/Blue/Green, Spectrum, NIH/UCLA
- Thresholding: data sets are thresholded independently.
Data sets can be thresholded over the entire data set or over each
- 3-dimensional ROI's can be drawn directly on the images and
statistics can be generated for these ROI's. Currently
supported ROI's are ellipsoids, elliptic cylinder's, boxes, and
- Imports raw data files (8bit,16bit,32bit,float,etc). Also
imports Acr/Nema 2.0, Analyze (SPM), DICOM 3.0, InterFile3.3,
ECAT 6/7, and Gif87a/89a (using the (X)medcon/libmdc).
- Imports most clinical DICOM files (using the DCMTK
- Allows cropping and clearing regions of data sets.
- Anisotropic filtering wizard. Current filters: Gaussian,
1D Median, and 3D Median
- Saves studies (ROI and Data Set data) as XML data.
- Series of slices can be viewed.
- Fly through movies can be generated as MPEG1 files
- True volume rendering support with the capability of
rendering multiple data sets at a time. Series of renderings
can be saved as MPEG1 movies. Data sets can also be rendered as
stereoscopic image pairs
- Alignment of data sets is supported using fiducial markers.
This is done by placing fiducial reference points on the data
sets to be aligned, and then running an alignment wizard to
perform a rigid body transformation (procrustes method).
- A profile tool is included that can calculate gaussian fits
and FWHM's of the generated line profiles. Profiles can also be
saved for external use.